Facebook has the most users of any social media site, more than two billion, but Instagram has replicated popular Snapchat features such as stories and has about four times the amount of monthly users.
Meanwhile, a recent Snapchat update has been unpopular and the app seems to be falling behind.
People younger and cooler than me told me Instagram is their choice instead of Facebook, and I can see why.
Facebook feeds have become so congested with viral videos and posts, sponsored content and “news” articles.
I think Facebook is trying to combat this but, in the meantime, Instagram’s simple photos-only feed is refreshing.
It’s a great way to see what your friends are up to and follow businesses and celebrities too.
There are also some wonderful meme accounts.
I’ve compiled a list of my favourite accounts to follow, but there really is something for everyone.
Best celebrity accounts
- Cardi B: New York rapper Cardi B is hands down the most entertaining — honest, animated and hilarious.
- Rihanna: Probably the coolest and baddest girl on the planet.
- Beyonce: All hail Queen Bee. Her feed, like her music, is a work of art.
- Chrissy Teigen: Beautiful but also takes the mickey out of herself and husband John Legend regularly.
- Kim Kardashian: The Kardashian-Jenners rule the world but Kim is the OG and has broken the internet more than once.
- Turia Pitt: Inspirational and humorous.
Best comedy accounts
- The Fat Jew: Memes and classic captions.
- Shit Adelaide: A compilation of the best (worst) Adelaide has to offer.
- The Betoota Advocate: Australia’s favourite satirical news organisation.
- EveryoutfitonSATC: Witty analysis of outfits worn on Sex and The City.
Best photography accounts
- National Geograhic: Incredible wildlife and human photography.
- Humans of NY: New Yorkers and their stories.
- Velvet Coke: Vintage pics of famous people with interesting facts.
- Margaret Zhang: Talented and fashionable Aussie.
- Andrew Quilty: Award-winning Australian photographer.
- Usain Bolt: The fastest man in the world lives a colourful life.
- Serena Williams: Tennis GOAT (greatest of all time) and all-round legend.
- Jess Trengove: Australian marathoner shows the dedication it takes to be one of the best.